Vice President Public Relations
VP of PR
DESCRIPTION: A Vice President, Public Relations acts as an integral ambassador to both agency and its clients and works to bring a professional, motivated and diversified skills set to lead the department and agency. They have the capacity and skill set to instill trust in clients and have strong relationships with a wide range of fashion, lifestyle and digital media persons. Strong management, interpersonal and organizational skills as well as the capability to prioritize and manage multiple projects will contribute to their overall Agency success. They will have the appropriate style and taste to serve as an exceptional brand ambassador for both agency and its clients.
• Provide support for partners, with necessary management skills for both day to day and strategic long-term responsibilities.
• Serve as agency ambassador and cultivate and utilize entrepreneurial personality to grow client base and expand agency reach.
• Serve as an agency ambassador and lead a collaborative team of both external and internal resources.
• Extensive and high-level strategic ability to work with client, provide solutions and interpret/create vision for project and implement flawless execution.
• Act as an Agency liaison to maintain and champion relationships with stylists, editors and industry leaders
• Keen understanding of the client’s image, ideals and goals in order to develop, lead and manage clients through seasonal strategy, product and special project pitches
• Provide a consistent, professional client experience/ manage expectation throughout relationship and provide consistent and timely communication
• Extensive experience cultivating and establishing new relationships with media contacts
• Develop and execute feature stories, product placement, editorial reporting and analysis
• Manage celebrity/VIP dressing and placements
• Management of fashion events
• Calendar and schedule development and management.
• Budget development, negotiation and management.
• Vendor management, communication and logistical expertise.
• Cultivate industry relationships and seek out new business opportunities
REQUIREMENTS: MINIMUM of 12 years of experience working either in house or with an Agency in a Public Relations capacity
• Experienced leader with strong management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to motivate and manage a team of junior staff members
• Strong time management skills and ability to multitask– this role requires managing many different areas for several clients simultaneously, does not get stressed under pressure
• Knowledge and understanding of the Fashion industry, designers and emerging style
• Established relationships with key editors, stylists and extensive knowledge of industry publications
• Combination of creative and strategic thinking, ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side
• Ability to work with clients to understand their needs and pitch proposals
• College degree
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work in team environment and actively promote and engage both colleagues and clients in open communication